Monday, March 1, 2010

Buy Me A Rose (03.01.10)



Photos courtesy of Triana Caldera

I just wrapped up the final stop (at least for the time being) on my "New to Me" mini-tour of places in SL where I've never performed before. Today's show was at Buy Me A Rose, and I must admit to you: of the three new places I played in the past few days, I had the least high hopes for this show. Why? I had my reasons.

First, it's been awhile since I played at some random place at 12 noon on a Monday. I tend to be a bit US-centric when I consider show times, and I assumed that I probably wouldn't get many of my fans to come out during this time slot, but I was wrong; we had several Zaksters there including a few that I don't get to see on a regular basis, so that was very cool. And the venue itself seemed to be bringing in their own friends as well, so I had a good 20 folks there at one point -- not at all bad for a mid-day show on a weekday.

Second, you never really know what to expect when you play a venue that's part of a shopping mall in SL. I've had a couple of regrettable gigs where the entire time, the audience was being hit over the head with spammy sales messages. However, the folks at Buy Me A Rose were terrific. The venue itself is in its own area, so it just feels like a nicely-decorated outdoor stage. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the place and the people who ran it.

So after all, it turned out to be a very fun show, and I was happy with my own performance... voice felt good, and my guitar seemed to be working. And, as per my goal of playing new places, I hopefully connected with a number of new fans, or made some friends, or both.

Set list at Buy Me A Rose...
Pigs on the Wing Part 1 (Pink Floyd)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Bertha (Grateful Dead)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Down by the River (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Wonderwall (Oasis)

Thanks to everyone who supported my show today and made it a lot of fun!
Vick Forcella, Melissavp Islander, Broook Baxton, Triana Caldera, Eli Schlegal, Diana Renoir, Nils Apfelbaum, Beccca Baxton, EmeraldRose Pearl, Annabel Trafalgar, and Glolo Ling!

No comments: