Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fast Times at San Diego in SL (02.22.09)

I was feeling in a pretty relaxed and happy mood today when I took the stage at the California building at San Diego in SL. I think one of the reasons was that I had a terrific weekend, thanks in good part to having had Triana Caldera, a terrific friend from SL, come hang out with Kat and I. She left very early this morning, and we'll miss her until the next time we can cross paths again in the real world. It'll happen.

Back in SL, though, it was cool to have Triana pop up at my show in San Diego, only a number of hours after she left here in LA and flew back to the midwest. And we did have a terrific show today, I believe. Voice and guitar both felt pretty good, and I think the set list worked out nicely. In fact...

The set list:

This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
If You Could Only See (tonic)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
*Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Court & Spark (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Space Oddity (David Bowie)

Thanks to all who came, especially those who supported my show!
Ajay McDowwll, Triana Caldera, Jordan Hazlitt, Julianna Lionheart, Synapse Zabelin, Diana Renoir, Merlin Gray, Rey Tardis, Maripili Smalls, Funnyrose Heartsdale, Nightcap Pimpernel, Cactuscoco Cortes, and our hostesses with the mostesses, Cher Harrington and Padula Bing!

No comments: