Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bay Vista Rainforest (03.12.09)


It was a day of newness today. I can say I enjoyed it very much.

Right off the bat, it was my first time playing at the Rainforest stage at Bay Vista. I'd played there before, but on their Dragon's Pearl stage. So right from the get-go, it had that nice, fresh feel.

But then, the newness continued. See, I performed two new original songs in SL for the first time today; I did both "Come Around" and "Time Never Waits for You"! And, as if that wasn't enough, I also did my tune "Waiting For This" for the first time since it's been recomboobulated into its current incarnation. I believe that in terms of regular hour-long shows, I did more originals today than I'd ever done before. It's getting pretty fun, now that the stuff for the album is 100% written and much of it already recorded. The majority of the songs are very performable as a solo artist in SL, and I'll be very glad to have the two new additions for subsequent shows.

While I was pretty apprehensive before the show about playing the new tunes, I shouldn't have worried. Ironically, I probably did better on those than I did on many of my other tried-and-true originals today! I know, I'm my own harshest critic in that regard. But at least the new stuff proved their mettle in front of a live crowd, and that's what I was looking for today!

Song Sample #1: The worldwide debut of "Come Around" (Zak Claxton)

Song Sample #2: The worldwide debut of "Time Never Waits for You" (Zak Claxton)


The whole set list at Bay Vista Rainforest:
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Alabama (Neil Young)
*Come Around (Zak Claxton)
*Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

Big thanks to all who supported my show!
TenneseeJed Freiman, EvaMoon Ember, Persia Bravin, super Zak Fan Aurelie Chenaux, and the hostesses Charm March and Gretchen Capalini!

No comments: