Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bay Vista Rainforest (04.09.09)

About to get onstage at Bay Vista. April 9, 2009.

Now this was a fun show. We had a nice-sized crowd of seemingly happy people, and despite having taken two weeks off SL performances, my voice and guitar were working with me (as opposed to against me, as they occasionally tend to do).

Last time I played at BV Rainforest, it was cool and fun but I didn't draw a large crowd that day. In contrast, I got wedged between KevinMThomas Carpool and Zacharia Loon, and I think I benefitted from both of their respective crowds. In any case, I felt nicely inspired to rock, so rock I did. And, giving myself a break from my own songs (which I do like, but play a LOT), I did throw a couple of extra covers in on the spur of the moment. I think the people approved.

The set list for Bay Vista Rainforest today...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
For the Turnstiles (Neil Young)
The Weight (The Band)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)

Big thanks to those who helped support my show today!
kittie Serendipity, Amanda Steadham, OESSI Harbour, Shiwa Taurog, Alexandri Ashbourne, Chrysalida Burnstein, Bourque Rau, Blindboy Gumbo, and Bay View's lovely owners, Charm March and Gretchen Capalini!

No comments: