Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Notes Shack (08.09.09)




Song sample: "Fade Away" (Zak Claxton)

I was talking with Kat after today's show at The Notes Shack, trying to determine what it was about that place that makes me do some of my best shows there. It's not that the place generally gets packed with people; a good day at the Notes Shack is in the range of 20 people in the crowd. But every time I play there, it always seems to be a super fun combination of people who do show up, which then puts me in a good mood, which in turn allows me to play my best. It's all a process, you see.

I usually don't schedule shows before noon, but it was fun starting at 11:00am and getting the rock rolling a little earlier than normal. I made sure to eat my cereal and get hydrated so I'd be able to pull off a performance at such an un-rock-like hour. In any case, it seemed to work; the show was totally fun for me, and Krakov Letov said his sides were hurting from laughing so much, so we must have done something right. I also threw in a bunch of covers that I haven't done in awhile, so that was fun for us all.

What I played...
What I Got (Sublime)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Bertha (Grateful Dead)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Stonehenge (Spinal Tap)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni MItchell)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)

Huge thanks, as always, to the people who helped support my show today!
Alchemy Epstein, Nakira Tennen, Silver Rockwell, Dazzlyn Rosewood, Diana Renoir, Kat Claxton, and the host with the most, Krakov Letov.

No comments: