Friday, January 1, 2010

Wharf Music - New Years Eve (12.31.09)





Happy New Year!

For the first time in a couple of years, I did a show on 12/31, this time at the new live music venue run by Ictus Belford and Peny Rexen, Wharf Music. The entire day was a blast, with Ictus himself opening the show at 3pm, followed by one of SL's best and most popular performers, Maximillion Kleene at 4pm. At 5pm, I got the fun task of following Max, which I've done before and enjoyed very much. This time was no exception. We had a terrific crowd who was in a partying mood, and I spent the time mixing originals and cover songs while counting down the minutes to 2010.

When I first started, I was concerned because the sim was full, and none of my Zaksters were able to get in. I needn't have worried; as usual, quite a few of Max's fans departed a short while after he finished, allowing my fans room to get in. All in all, it couldn't have gone better. I was in a great mood and had a fun time rocking out with old and new friends in SL.

New Year's Eve Set List...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills and Nash)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Who Do You Love (Bo Diddly)

Happy New Year, and huge thanks to the folks who supported my show at Wharf Music!
Don Baily, Shellie Sands, Suka Nishi, Triana Caldera, Diana Renoir, Mellifera Szondi, Julz Flanagan, Aurelie Chenaux, Nancy Lei, Quinton Whitman, Kat Claxton, Sheri Bury, and our hosts Ictus Belford and Peny Rexen!

No comments: