Friday, October 22, 2010

BURN2 (10.22.10)

A nice-sized crowd at BURN2. Photo by Kat.



I had fun with the crazy playa people. Photo by Kat.



Three hard-core Zaksters: Triana, Kat, and Diana. Photo by Triana.



A new perspective on my performance. Photo by Triana.



A short while ago, Diana Renoir somewhat timidly asked if I'd like to perform at BURN2, the Second Life version of the well-known Burning Man event of real life. I jumped at the opportunity; I knew from experience that freaky-ass people tend to like my music. Plus, it was an opportunity to do some covers that I'm not always sure will be appreciated at less open-minded venues.

Despite it being my third show in as many days, I was really pumped for it, and ended up having a fantastic time playing there. I think that scheduling it for Friday at 4PM was a good idea; I was particularly glad to have ended my work week and playing for a big, enthusiastic crowd was a great start for my weekend. To celebrate the moment, I also threw in a tune I'd never done in SL before.

BURN2 set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Hey You (Pink Floyd)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
†Terrapin Station (Grateful Dead)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL.
†Last performance of "Terrapin Station": August 2, 2008


Thanks to all who came to the show!

No comments: