Thursday, November 18, 2010

Notes Shack (11.14.11)





Whoops, heh heh. I'm normally really good about doing little blog posts directly after my shows. It's been a very busy time here in Zakland lately, and I honestly thought I'd already written this post, only to glance at Ye Olde Blogge today and see that it wasn't there. So, I either dreamed that I already wrote this, or I've gone insane, or (the likeliest candidate) both.

For the 743,975th time (or so), I performed at the Notes Shack on Sunday, November 14. The Notes Shack is an interesting place in Second Life in that it's the only venue I play regularly that's moved at least five times to different locations on the grid. Why? I don't know. You'd need to ask its proprietor, Krakov Letov, who is a super nice guy and really digs music. On a few occasions, other musicians have said to me, "You're playing the Notes Shack again? Why do you keep playing there?", and the answer is easy: because it's fun.

My latest show there continued the fun streak. I decided to spice things up a little by doing a show where I'd throw in some TV theme songs, and it was a refreshing new way to bring silliness to the Zak Show. We got decent-sized crowd and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Notes Shack Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*Theme from "Friends" (The Rembrandts)
If You Could Only See (Tonic)
*Theme from Mary Tyler Moore (Paul Williams)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
In My Time of Dying (Traditional)
*Theme from "Good Times" (Dave Grusin / Alan & Marilyn Bergman)
Bertha (Grateful Dead)
*Theme from Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Charles Erickson and Joel Hodgson)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
*Theme from "The Greatest American Hero" (Mike Post)
*Theme from "Scooby-Doo" (David Mook & Ben Raleigh)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Theme from "Cheers" (Gary Portnoy & Judy Hart Angelo)

*Indicates the first time i've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the show!
Horizon Darkstone, Lars Neiro, Kat Claxton, Juliette Venom, and the happy host Krakov Letov!

No comments: