Monday, November 26, 2012

Key West (11.21.12)


First off, pardon the lateness of this report. I spent the last four days in some kind of food-induced psychedelic trip, and I may have slightly overdosed on tryptophan. At several points of this gluttony-induced haze, I considered posting about my pre-Thanksgiving show at Key West, in Second Life, but then would once again find myself elbows deep in pie and turkey scraps.

Also noteworthy is that on Saturday and Sunday, I spent most of both days working on new music for the band that includes my darling Kat Claxton and great friend Bunny Knutson. We recorded some great stuff over the weekend, so with this rather busy "time off", I didn't find the time to write this show report.

If you have some sense of deja vu in regard to my having performed at Key West right before Thanksgiving, you're not crazy. Well, perhaps you are, but not in this specific regard. I did indeed perform there on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving in 2011, and I've told owner/manager Liz Harley that we need to make it an annual thing.

At a barely-recognizable Key West that's decked out in fall colors and scenery. Awesome. Photo and top photo by Kat.

Sassy Nitely, aka Barbie Horsely, awaits her turn to take the stage during my Pre-Thanksgiving show at Key West. Photo by Kat.

Liz and her team made the place look great for the occasion. It was seasonally decorated in a fall theme, and was perfect for an autumn concert. My good friends and fellow proteges of Maali Beck Entertainment, Sassy Nitely and Taunter Goodnight, were both performing on the same bill, so it's always great when all of us are booked together. My show went fine, and to mark the occasion, I pulled out a few tunes I'd never done before.

Key West Set List...
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Just Like This Train (Joni Mitchell)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Thank U (Alanis Morissette)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
*Parallax (Atlas Sound)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*Frigid Spring (Chairlift)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Give a Little Bit (Supertramp)

*Indicates the first time I've ever performed this song in SL.

Big, big thanks to everyone who came out to the Pre-Turkey show at Key West, especially those who helped support it!
Lileyana, Cicadetta Stillwater, TheaDee, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Spiral Silverstar, Sassy Nitely, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner/manager Liz Harley!

No comments: