Saturday, April 6, 2013

Key West (04.03.13)


It's been a busy week, and I'm glad to be relaxing on a Saturday (and actually working on some new music right now for They Stole My Crayon). While I have this rare moment of chill, I thought it would be nice to write my usual little report from my most recent show in Second Life at Key West.

I have little to say other than I always walk away from shows at Key West with a smile on my face. We had a superb crowd on Wednesday night, and I enjoyed pulling out a good number of original songs at the show. Also, it had been awhile since I'd heard Gina Stella (she followed me at this show), and forgot what a cool voice she has. Hope to hear her again sometime soon. Anyway, the photos can tell the rest.


If it's an early show, I'll often start with just a few people at Key West, but then the crowd swells quickly. Photo by Triana. Top photo by Kat.



Hell yeah. Feeling good at Key West. Photo by Kat.



As I wrap up my last song, Gina Stella gets ready to jump up and take over for her set. Photo by Kat.


Key West set list...
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)
Change (Tears for Fears)
Alabama Song (The Doors)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Allentown (Billy Joel)
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Polly (Nirvana)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)

Huge thanks to the great crowd of people who came out to see me at Key West. Special kudos to those who helped support the show!
Kathleen Auer, Triana Caldera, Radiant Mahogany, Sesh Kamachi, Christine Haiku, Banestar, Lyn Carlberg, Kat Claxton, Rosinante Vinson, Sassy Nitely, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner and music lover Liz Harley!

No comments: