Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Coming Sunday Nov 9: "Songs of Autumn" Special Live Show


Hey party people. I've got a very special show planned for this weekend, and I'm doing a rare post in advance to make sure you're aware. First, the important shit...

WHO: Just me, Zak
WHAT: Songs for Autumn
WHEN: Sunday November 9, 1PM SLT (same as PST)
WHERE: Second Life, Frothy Music HQ (click here for a map)
HOW MUCH: Free, as usual

WHY?
A bunch of reasons.

1. It's November, and it is definitely starting to feel more autumnal pretty much everywhere in the northern hemisphere.

2. I have hundreds of songs I do in varying degrees of regularity for my live shows in SL. There are over 400 songs in my list of lyrics sheets... some of them mine, and many more by other artists whose music I enjoy performing. But I rarely have a good excuse to plan an entire set based around a single musical theme.

3. I'm probably know more than anything as a "fun" performer, and that's great. I can't think of anything I'd rather do than be the impetus for a bunch of people to have a good time. That's what it's all about, right? But at the same time, my desire to be "Mister Fun Guy" sometimes overshadows that fact that some songs aren't meant to be silly. Some songs, to be frank, are fucking heavy. While I do mix these songs into my usual sets often, I've not taken the opportunity in any recent times to perform a set with a little bit of gravitas. The songs I've chosen for this show, both my own and the covers I'm going to do by Beck, Neil Young, Townes Van Zandt, Joni Mitchell, and many more, are more notable for their melancholy, pensive, and wistful vibe. While this show may not be the barrel of laughs that a typical Zak Show may be, I encourage you to get into the spirit of the season, and enjoy this special set of damned good tunes to which I hope I can do justice performing them.

I look forward to seeing you Sunday at 1PM. Contact me if you have any questions about attending the show, which, once again, is completely free.

No comments: