Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Islands of New England (12.09.14)


Yes, I know I've been playing less and less shows in Second Life as of late. The reasons are no mystery.

1. As always, SL venues tend to come and go.
2. Less and less of the remaining venues are capable of paying fees for the artists they host (most are "tips only").
3. I refuse to charge some venues a fee, and play at others for no charge. It's an ethical line that I won't cross.
4. Perhaps above and beyond all that, I am in a super busy time of year at work, and also spending what little free time I have working on music for my band They Stole My Crayon.

Put all that together, and you can probably see why my SL show schedule isn't exactly packed. And, to be frank, I'm perfectly okay with that. Doing less shows makes each one a little more special, and I put more thought into my set list, and am also able to introduce more new songs to keep things fresh for my audience. Last night's show at The Islands of New England is a great example. As I've mentioned before, that place is usually packed with people who I consider my good friends in SL. We drew a very nice-sized crowd, and I really enjoyed performing a few tunes in homage to the recent finale of the HBO series "Foo Fighters Sonic Highways".

Getting my show started. Photos and top photo by Kat.

Kat joins me onstage while I perform "Blew The Dust Away" by our band They Stole My Crayon.

My crowd enjoys my Foo Fighters mini-set.

Christmas music? You can get that anywhere... except at a Zak Show. I was there to rock.

Islands of New England set list...
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Shame Chamber (Kurt Vile)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
*Something from Nothing (Foo Fighters)
*My Hero (Foo Fighters)
*Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Nirvana)
If That's What You're Into (Flight of the Conchords)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Here I Land (Nicholas Stevenson)
*Antiphon (Midlake)
Blew The Dust Away (They Stole My Crayon)
Don't Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young)
You've Got a Friend (Carole King)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big, big, big thanks to everyone who came out to my show at The Islands of New England, especially the following folks who helped support the show!
Bigfoot Hendrassen, RoxxyyRoller Resident, BAT8997 Resident, Jeanne Schimmer, Richy Nervous, Spec Toocool, Sesh Kamachi, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, TheaDee Resident, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, Sesh Kamachi, my great manager Maali Beck, and most of all, IONE manager and my great friend Christine Haiku!

No comments: