Monday, June 2, 2008

Crystal Sands (06.02.08)

Ah, the month of June has arrived, and with the summery weather comes happy, fun shows. Tonight at Crystal Sands was no exception. I sweat about a gallon, but that's neither here nor there. Besides, you can't smell me in SL, so no harm, no foul.

I managed to get the lovely combination of an SL crash, and then two, count them, TWO stream crashes tonight. Sigh. Despite that, it seemed like folks had fun. I know I did.

A quick note: since Bo Diddley passed away today, I opened my set with the Bo Diddley beat in tribute.

Song Sample: "Heart of Gold" (Neil Young)

The set list:

*Who Do You Love (Bo Diddley)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton) -- I apparently crashed sometime during this tune, and remained gone through the next one too. Yay!
Down By The River (Neil Young)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
What I Got (Sublime) -- Stream crashed after the first verse, yay!
Big Bad Bill (Van Halen)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
EvaMoon Ember, CTM Underwood, Triana Caldera, Elvis Duffy, Jovial Jewell, Blood Klotzel, Someone Garfunkel, Pat7 Allen, Kat Claxton, Kaleb Sparrow, and especially Sandi Benelli!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Regardless of the crashes, it's always fun listening to you! Looking forward to the next live performance. :)

-- Triana