Monday, June 9, 2008

Crystal Sands (06.09.08)

After a long Monday at work, I was quite ready to do a show at the always-fun Crystal Sands. And fun it was. I opened with a Paul Simon song I'd been intending on playing for a long time, and did some other tunes that I don't whip out all the time. The rest of the gig was pretty smooth (except once again, my old G4 screwed up on me, requiring a restart mid-show). Regardless of that, I had fun, and the crowd seemed to as well. I don't ask for more. :-)

Song Sample: "Sex and Candy" (Marcy Playground)

The set list:

*50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (Paul Simon)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Save It For Later (English Beat)
Sex and Candy (Marcy Playground)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Mr. Soul (Neil Young)
For This Moment (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
What I Got (Sublime)
A Day in the Life (Beatles)
California (Joni Mitchell)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
TenneseeJed Freiman, Jonas Lunasea, Shane79 Woodget, Steely Decosta, Doug Drakes, Rann Sack, Elvis Duffy, Expasse Beck, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, Aurelie Chenaux, Symmetry Munro, Maliki Galli, Mikald Raymaker, Carrie Laysan, Tessa Rhiadra, Barbecute Barbosa, Cher Harrington, Robert69 Little, Tangodog Tomsen, and especially Sandi Benelli!

No comments: