Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting fancy at The Majestic (01.30.09)



Because The Majestic is a little more formal than the typical casual venues where I play, I decided to make a special night of it by a) actually dressing in something other than jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt, and b) picking out some more of my softer tunes to play. And all in all, it was a really fun departure from my more rocking shows (though I wouldn't want to be Mister Softie every time).

As usual, Cher was a great host... there aren't many better than her in SL. We had the fun presence of some good friends at the show, plus a nice sized crowd that drifted in and out as the evening went on. I decided to mark the occasion by performing a Joni MItchell song I'd long wanted to do, and also (since Cher promised it in the notice), I played my new tune "The Sands of Redondo" for my finale. All in all, a fine show and a fun Friday night.

Song Sample: "Furry Sings the Blues" (Joni Mitchell)

The set list...
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Breaking Us In Two (Joe Jackson)
*Furry Sings the Blues (Joni Mitchell)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates first time i've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to everyone who came, especially those who helped support my show!
Anutte Frankfurter, Triana Caldera, Missy Stransky, Aurelie Chenaux, Rey Tardis, MrNoCal Honey, Kat Claxton, Padula Bing, and the amazing Cher Harrington!

No comments: