Saturday, January 3, 2009

Awesome times at Rastafairy Beach (01.03.08)

Before I tell you anything about this amazing show at the grand reopening of Rastafairy Beach, I have a special treat for you. Instead of the usual song sample or two that I post here on the Zak Blog, I proudly present the entire show, nearly 60 minutes, unedited, uncut, and otherwise untampered.

Zak Claxton Live at Rastafairy Beach: January 3, 2009.

Two reasons that I've posted the whole show for you. First, I recently upgraded my web hosting and can handle a big-ass file like this more easily than I could have before. But more importantly, this was a very fun show, with a lot of aspects that made it unique. Pull up a chair and let me tell you more... but don't ask why I'm wearing a toga (there's no good explanation, I promise).







Since we were at Rastafairy Beach, the concert venue of hexx Triskaidekaphobia and jsmn Yao, there was definitely an encouragement to drop all concerns and just go for the gusto. So, not only did I do nearly an entire set of my own songs, but I played two original songs I've only done a couple times before in SL, one I'd never done before, and played a fresh cover as well. Everything went really well, and I had a fun time and was ridiculously silly throughout the show. Well, no need to talk more about it. Use the link above when you have an hour to spare, and give it a listen!

By the way, here's the set list...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Real Life (Zak Claxton)
*Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
Stonehenge (Spinal Tap)
I Am The Walrus (Beatles)
*Loser (Beck)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to everyone who made this show completely awesome, including those who helped support my show!
Zany Xevious, Kat Claxton, CelticMaidenWarrior Lancaster, EvaMoon Ember, Horizon Darkstone, Eli Schlegal, Bibi Ballinger, Roni Navarathna, Celeste Babenco, Kiaranne Flanagan, Aurelie Chenaux, Paisley Dawes, jsmn Yao, Silas Scarborough, Rabby Hawker, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, HomeLess Martian, and Triana Caldera!

No comments: