Monday, January 5, 2009

A Short Break

Hey loyal readers, fans, friends, and fiends alike!

As those of you who are close to me are already aware, this is a time of year when I am forced to put aside some of the things I enjoy, including my music and my sanity, and focus pretty much 100% on my job. Why? My little marketing company mainly services one industry -- musical instruments and pro audio products -- and the biggest business event of the year happens each January. It's called the NAMM Show, and it's a large trade show where pretty much everyone who makes or sells guitars, drums, recording gear, audio processors, trumpets, kazoos, basses, cymbals, mixers, computer audio interfaces, castanets, and just about anything you can imagine that helps make music.

So, I'll be headed for lovely Anaheim, CA -- the home of Disneyland which is only about 30 minutes away from here by car but is a world away in attitude -- next week. And before then, I'll be working away to make sure my clients have a good show. All that leaves very little time for doing live performances in SL, or working on my own music, or really sleeping, or eating, and so on. In any case, if you find that I'm a little less present than usual, that's why. Now you know.

For the time being, I don't have any shows scheduled until January 30, but I might fit another one or two shows in between now and then, insanity permitting. The show itself is only from Jan 15 through Jan 18, but in between getting ready for it and recovering from it, it's a good two-week chunk from my life from which it's tough to veer away.

In any case, wish me luck, and I'll be back and good as new as soon as I can. In the meantime, as usual, you are welcome to get in touch with me, the best way being through my main web site at zakclaxton.com.

No comments: