Sunday, May 3, 2009

Molaskey's Pub (05.03.09)


Yesterday, I was getting ready to perform at Inspiration Cove, and my IM chimed in. It was Katydid Something, who'd had a performer be unable to play as scheduled and asked if I could fill in. I've played at Molaskey's before and I've also seen some shows there and enjoyed the vibe, so I was happy to oblige. Interestingly, for not having very many shows scheduled recently, this ended up being my third show in four days, all of which had been set up in the last week. Good times. :)

I arrived and had a nice group of my friends/fans pop in pretty quickly. Honestly, for having played so much recently, I'm always surprised when I get people coming in time after time. I'm just lucky to have some good pals who don't mind me yodeling at them every so often. We also had a few Molaskey's regulars pop in, and I think they enjoyed themselves as well.

The Molaskey's surprise show set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Just Like Starting Over (John Lennon)
Time Never Waits For you (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
A Day In The Life (Beatles)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
One (U2)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the people who helped support the show!
Triana Caldera, Dallas Titanium, cre8tivefemme Chemistry, Kat Claxton, Jordan Hazlitt, and our Molaskey's Pub friends Mia Kitchensink and Katydid Something!

No comments: