Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Get Back: Fibber Magees (05.20.09)


For those of you readers of this blog who are also my personal friends, you already know that we had a tragedy in my family this month; my sister Danielle died from a brain hemorrhage on May 8. Needless to say, my attention has been on my family recently, and I needed to get past the deep grief I've felt before jumping back into SL and playing music.

I"m not going to dwell on the sadness we've experienced, at least not here. If you want to learn more about my sister's life, by all means please visit Dani's Memorial Website. But things are slowly getting better for me, and today I did my first show after going through this ordeal, at Fibber Magees in the Dublin 3 sim. It was a show I'd planned long ago and finally got rolling today, and I was really, really glad I did. It felt very natural to get back into playing my tunes. We had a nice-sized crowd of 26, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, as was I.

Today's set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits For You (Zak Claxton)
I Am A Child (Neil Young)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix)

I did dedicate that last song to my sis. Other than that, the show was pretty upbeat and I'm glad to be back in the swing of things.

Thanks to the folks who supported today's show at Fibber Magees!
Roni Navarathna, Triana Caldera, HomeLess Martian, Stickboom Pinion, Adrianna Bracken, Gracie Kendal, Steely Decosta, Diana Renoir, Wes Dewoitine, Aurelie Chenaux, Maycie Blackheart, KarlPeter Kohime, our hostess Ginger Marseille, and the always-amazing Cher Harrington!

No comments: