Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Frazzled at Crystal Sands (08.25.08)

You may (or may not) have noticed that I'm posting this blog awhile after my most recent show at Crystal Sands. Well, there's a good reason for it: I'm insane with being busy! My lady Kat is moving to my area to be near me, and I spent a few days with her over the weekend of August 23-24, getting her new place ready. At the same time, I was also getting ready to move... fifty feet to the south. After 13 years in the same place, I have moved to the larger and nicer unit in the front of my building, and in as much as it's great being in this terrific new place, the actual part of moving 13 years worth of accumulated shit is not on my list of "Fun Things To Do". Finally, as if I needed this, my work has been tremendously busy as well, with all manner of lovely trade show signs, national ads, web updates, and other goodies looming in my deadline column.

Whew! Just writing about it is making me even more frazzled!

Speaking of frazzled, for my most recent show at Crystal Sands, I had to work like a crazy person all day, and then my landlord came by to give me the keys to my new home, and inspect the place before I took possession of it. Of course, he didn't show up until 4:00, and I didn't get back in here until 4:45, with my show scheduled to start fifteen minutes later. I normally do like to warm up my voice and get in a good mindset to perform, but no matter... I just jumped onstage and did as well as I could, under the circumstances. And you know what? It was fine. In fact, it felt great to break away from the madness for a moment, Interesting that playing guitar in a virtual world is what now passes as "normal" for me. Ah well. No matter.

And here's what I played...

Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
In My Life (Beatles)
Take It On The Run (REO Speedwagon)
Space Odyssey (David Bowie)
Drive (Incubus)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Vera (Pink Floyd)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
What I Got (Sublime)
I Am A Child (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Old Man (Neil Young)

And thanks to the following folks who supported my show!
Zachariah Loon, Shannyn Fall, Triana Caldera, Kat Claxton, Bratt Lunasea, Grateful Stryker, and the lovely Sandi Benelli!

No comments: