Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Zak's Debut at The Notes Shack (08.06.08)

Krakov Letov is a great guy, and has seen many of my shows at various places around the grid. He's mentioned a few times that he'd like me to perform at his venue, but as a standard rule, I just don't play too many tips-only type of places. It's mostly because I value the places I play regularly who do pay a fee to have me there, and I don't want to seem unfair to them, understandably. However, I do like getting my music out in front of new people at new places, so I decided to accept his invitation to play at The Notes Shack, and I'm really glad I did!

It was a really fun show, and made better by having some familiar, friendly faces in the crowd, along with some new people who might have become Zak fans before the show was done.

Song Sample: "Nobody Home"/"Vera" (Pink Floyd)

Here's what I played:
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
Court & Spark (Joni Mitchell)
Old Man (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Day After Day (Badfinger)
Big Bad Bill (Van Halen)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
*Vera (Pink Floyd)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following people who supported my show!
Djai Skjellerup, Norge Oh, destiny Sass, Ivory Lockjaw, Cher Harrington, Soundcircel Flanagan, Blondee Stardust, Ansel Trachtenberg, and of course Krakov Letov!

No comments: