Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Majestic - San Diego in SL (07.12.09)



Once again, I had to have a little SL live performance hiatus. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I got an acute case of tendinitis in my left hand (the fretting hand for us right-handed guitar players), and couldn't touch my guitar for a week. The next show I had was today at The Majestic at San Diego in SL, so I let the hand rest for most of the last two weeks. Needless to say, I was just dying to play the entire time, and it couldn't have been a better place to return to rocking SL. The Majestic is a somewhat fancy place, so I put together a mostly mellow Sunday afternoon theme of music.

Like any comeback special (even after only a two-week break), I wanted the show to have some elements of excitement, so I did a couple of covers I'd never done before, and had loads of fun with both. We had a small but happy crowd there, and considering the number of live shows that go on in SL on a weekend afternoon, I was happy with anyone who hung out at my little gig. It was really a blast, and I'm also happy to say that my evil tendinitis hand didn't act up at all during the show. So far, so good. And... I'm glad to be back. I really miss my silly virtual shows when I'm not able to do them!

Today's Song Sample: "Rock and Roll Woman" (Buffalo Springfield)

Today's set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
The Worst (Rolling Stones)
Court & Spark (Joni Mitchell)
*Rock and Roll Woman (Buffalo Springfield)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
*Everybody's Alone (Neil Young)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to everyone who came to my show at The Majestic today. Thanks for supporting live music in SL!
Cy Nichols, Diana Renoir, Susanna Jansma, Ginger Marseille, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Triana Caldera, today's hostess Padula Bing, and one of SL best music fans, Cher Harrington!

No comments: