Sunday, April 10, 2011

Molaskey's Pub (04.10.11)



So much fun, playing at Molaskey's. Top photo by Kat, bottom photo by Triana.



Word rolled around the Interwebs in the last week or two that Molaskey's Pub was going to be sold. The time, effort, and money that it can take to run a busy venue in Second Life can become overwhelming at times, which is probably why one of SL's best live music venues will be sold to new management after this month. No matter who ends up owning Molaskey's, I can only hope that they do a half as great a job as Apple McKay, Katydid Something, and the terrific Molaskey's staff over the years I've played there.

In any case, I coincidentally had a show there today, and perhaps knowing it might be my last one there under the current crew made it all the more energetic and fun. I think the show went well, and I pulled some rusty gems from the old song book.

Molaskey's Set List...
Man of Constant Sorrow (Traditional)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
†Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
The Worst (Rolling Stones)
Court & Spark (Joni Mitchell)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
Angry World (Neil Young)

† Last performance of "Accidents Will Happen": June 30, 2008.

The Bootylicious Zak Babes. Photo by Kat.



Thanks to everyone who helped support my show today!
Triana Caldera, Robert69 Little, Stace Silvercloud, Cicadetta Stillwater, Diana Renoir, Kat Claxton, TheaDee, Taunter Goodnight, Xerxes Ninetails, my wonderful manager Maali Beck, and Molaskey's music champions Katydid Something and Apple McKay!

1 comment:

Rachael/Thea said...

Hm. I wonder if Kat meant for me to be in the booty-licious pic. ;)