Friday, February 17, 2012

Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show #14 (02.16.12)

Click the Play button and see/hear the whole show above.

Holy shit! A post about a show!

Yes, this year so far has been pretty light in terms of live Zak performances. I don't offer any excuses except that life sometimes gets in the way of living, and vice-versa. The short and rather pedestrian story is that I've just been too damn busy with other stuff, and that the number of worthwhile shows in Second Life has seemed to dwindle as of late. So, with that in mind, I was happy to schedule a Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show on Ustream for Thursday evening.





I've been doing this live video show every so often for just over two years. We debuted the Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show on February 6, 2010, and for awhile, we did it pretty regularly. Then, as tends to happen, it changed. We started doing some live video shows via other services like StreamJam and StageIt, and I pretty much blew off my own Ustream show. Anyway, that's all history. It was very fun to get in front of the camera again and be silly for my little group of friends/fans.

By the way, sorry for the audio quality of the clip above, if you watched it. In previous shows, I'd had a problem with the signal being too quiet, so of course I overcompensated and sent the signal too hot, which is why you definitely hear some distortion happening. Ah well, worse things have happened to better people.

ZCHFS #14 Set List...
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
*Allentown (Billy Joel)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Theme from Greatest American Hero (Joey Scarbury)
What's Going On (Marvin Gaye)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

*Indicates my first-ever performance of this song.

Many thanks to the people who spent an hour of their Thursday night listening to me rock! You rule!

No comments: