Thursday, March 1, 2012

Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show #15 (02.28.12)

Click the Play button and see/hear the whole show above.

I'm rather enjoying the return of the Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show.

In various forms -- Ustream, StreamJam, StageIt and elsewhere -- I've been doing live video shows for over two years, but for some reason that is unclear to me, I kind of stopped. I guess there are only so many directions you can choose to split your musical performances, so with my focus in the last year being more about playing in Second Life and working on my original music, the video performances just sort of trailed off. Anyway, I've now done two Happy Fun video shows in the past couple of weeks, and both were pretty happy and fun. I find it likely that I'll do some more soon enough.

It is called a "Happy Fun Show". Mostly for myself.


Dramatic Zak.


I am a psychopath, la la la la laaaa...


So happy and fun, I'm blurry.


Goodnight! Peace!


Last night's show was kind of cool in that I decided to focus nearly exclusively on new songs that I'm planning on recording for my upcoming album (whenever I get around to actually getting in the studio and recording, that is). In fact, though I hadn't planned it this way, I did an entire evening of my own original music, which really went rather well.

Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show #15 Set List...
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Perfect Girl (Zak Claxton)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
The Other Way (Zak Claxton)
Look Out for Me (Zak Claxton)
Let's Pretend that Everything's Okay (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
†Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)

†My last performance of "Waxing Gibbous": January 5, 2011

Thanks to the folks who came and checked out the show. You put the "fun" in the Happy Fun Show!

No comments: