Sunday, March 2, 2014

Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show (03.01.14)



Video streaming by Ustream


I've lost count of how many Zak Claxton Happy Fun Shows I've done; it's probably about 25, as I guessed while talking to Kat during yesterday's show. For the uninitiated, the show is my live video music performance I've done sporadically via Ustream for the past four years or so.

I decided to depart from my standard "all original" formula for yesterday's show, so it was more reminiscent of the typical shows I do in Second Life, intermingling originals and covers. Honestly, it seems I was the last live performer doing video shows on the planet who wasn't doing covers, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and do some other artists' music for a change.

It was fun. I enjoyed having the expanded repertoire from which to draw, and the set felt quite appropriate for the rainy Saturday afternoon vibe of the day. I'm going to try and keep up my recent streak of doing a ZCHFS at least once a month. Meanwhile, you can watch all of yesterday's show above (or at this link), and here are some silly pics.






ZCHFS set list...
*Tomorrow Never Knows (Beatles)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Swing Lo Magellan (Dirty Projectors)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
Things Behind The Sun (Nick Drake)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Never Run Away (Kurt Vile)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Loser (Beck)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song live.

Thanks to everyone who tuned into the show... see you at the next one!

No comments: