Thursday, August 21, 2014

Key West (08.20.14)


Ah, Key West. It's like a breath of fresh air in Second Life. I can always count on a few things there that don't always happen at every show in SL. Thanks to the efforts of the venue's owner and staff (along with those of my fine manager, Maali Beck), we always get a good crowd there. Let's face it; even a smallish crowd at Key West is pretty decent sized by SL standards. The other thing that Key West has going for it is that I always seem to have some of my own personal favorite SL artists performing there at times before or after my own show, so it's a pleasure to check them out as well. For last night's show, it was none other than Strum Diesel (aka Sean Kagalis) performing while I readied for my own show, and I'd forgotten just how great he was. It was invigorating for me to hear him rock, and after a long day of work, listening to his show got me energized to do a good show of my own.

It also happened to be the birthday of one of my great friends in SL, Aurelie Chenaux, so as a small present, I arranged my set list with some of the stuff I knew she'd enjoy... particularly, a three-song Nick Drake mini-set. She seemed to enjoy it. In fact, the entire show went really smoothly, and it couldn't have happened at a better time for me. I'd been stressed and complaining about work-related life not long before it was my time to play, but as soon as I strummed the first chord, I felt exponentially better. Playing music usually has that effect on me.

Key West set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Waking Light (Beck)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Shame Chamber (Kurt Vile)
Everybody Knows this is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Rubbing It Out (They Stole My Crayon)
Mexico (James Taylor)
All I Want (Joni Mitchell)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Improvised Key West Blues (Zak Claxton)

Many thanks to all who came out to Key West, especially the following who helped support my show!
heavenlei Lexenstar, Really Ansome, Nymeth Vale, Trouble Streeter, OniUdoka Resident, slider Xenno, TheaDee Resident, SweetSeamless Radford, Aurelie Chenaux, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West's Liz Harley.

No comments: