Monday, August 18, 2014

Rhi's After Dark (08.10.14)


Rhi's After Dark is a beautiful live venue in SL, and I probably should have performed there long ago. I like this venue's owner, Meegan Danitz, and she enjoys my music. We then had the opportunity to meet face to face at last May's Nashville SL Jam, and she seemed like a super nice person who definitely had a great understanding of the Second Life music scene. As soon as she and my terrific manager Maali Beck worked out the details, I found myself with a show at Rhi's on my calendar, and was quite happy.

It's a very nicely-designed SL venue, and has the vibe of a very cool lounge-type club. I was impressed from the moment I walked in. The other thing that happened when I arrived made me laugh; I'd performed the day before at LC Live, and the artist performing before me there was Caasi Ansar. Who was randomly playing directly before me at Rhi's After Dark? Yeah, Caasi Ansar. With the number of different SL artists and venues on the grid, this was a pretty unlikely coincidence for two shows in a row at different venues, and it made me smile as I got ready to play.

Photos by Kat

I decided to do a themed show, as I do every so often. It was Sunday, and I was in a particularly mellow mood, so I decided to do "Songs for Sunday", which comprised a set list of songs that were somewhat introspective and thoughtful. We had a nice crowd there and it all worked out just fine. I enjoyed my debut there, and am hoping to do more shows there in the near future.

Rhi's After Dark set list...
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Games Without Frontiers (Peter Gabriel)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Don't Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young)
*Vendetta (They Stole My Crayon)
The Crystal Ship (The Doors)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Breaking Us In Two (Joe Jackson)
Coyote (Joni Mitchell)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
*Waking Light (Beck)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Many thanks to all who came to the show, especially the following who supported it!
TheaDee Resident, Mimi Carpenter, Jordan Morgenrote, Alexis Fairlady, Brique Topaz, GraveyJones Resident, Kat Claxton, Vampireratz Lupino, Caasi Ansar, my great manager Maali Beck, and most of all, Rhi's owner Meegan Danitz!

No comments: