Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hesperia of Templemore (09.14.14)


With the recent unveiling of my band They Stole My Crayon's song and lyric video for "Things Under Trees", perhaps I've been in a mood for dreamy, ethereal music lately. Or, equally possible, the coming of Fall has me in a mood for more introspective songs (even though we're in our typical late summer heat wave here in Southern California). In any case, when I put my set list together for today's show at Hesperia of Templemore in Second Life, I found that I was leaning toward the more serious, writerly kind of tunes, so today's show ended up having a "dream theme" which went very well.

Photos by Kat.


I also found myself needing to add some new stuff to my repertoire, so I did, with four songs that I'd previously not played before. Adding to the fun, my set at Templemore was wedged in between two SL musicians whose vibe and performance goes very well with my own: FrankLee Anatra and Lyndon Heart. The show then falling on a Sunday afternoon made it perfect for the songs I ended up choosing.

Hesperia of Templemore set list...
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*September Gurls (Big Star)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
Polly (Nirvana)
Always Tomrrow (Zak Claxton)
*The Ghost In You (Psychedelic Furs)
Furry Sings the Blues (Joni Mitchell)
*Blew The Dust Away (They Stole My Crayon)
Brain Damage/Eclipse (Pink Floyd)
*Sleeper In The Valley (Laura Veirs)
Frigid Spring (Chairlift)
*Improvised Templemore Song (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Many thanks to everyone who came and saw me at Templemore, especially the following who supported my show!
Lyxz Delicioso, Christine Haiku, Diana Renoir, Triana Caldera, Tesla Kuhn, Aubreya Joszpe, TheaDee Resident, Cicadetta Stillwater, FrankLee Anatra, Naga Flow, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, my manager Maali Beck, and most of all Templemore co-owner Luis Lockjaw and hostess Bee Blackrain!

No comments: