Saturday, May 21, 2022

Random News: May 21, 2022


DISCLAIMER: Zak's Random News is very random and doesn't cover many things, and not everything may be accurate, because I'm just some guy. Go find a real news source.


Good morn- uh, good afternoon. It’s May 21, 2022, and it’s a Saturday. Various things…


  • I have to drop off some clothes at the dry cleaner. It’s the first time I’ve had to do this since January 2020. Unlike most of you fellow adult-like people, I work in a music-related business where no one cares what you wear, and I’ve been working from home since 2003. So wearing grown-up clothes is reserved for very rare occasions, and I have one of those coming up.
  • Gonna have to dig some of the dress shirts out of a ball wedged between a dresser and the closet. That’s just where they are. Don’t judge me.
  • President Biden signed a $40 billion aid package to Ukraine. He’s currently in South Korea. That war is nowhere near finished, and it might be years before there’s any kind of resolution to stop the violent fighting.
  • Georgia has its primary election this week. The former President has strongly endorsed gubernatorial challenger David Purdue over incumbent Brian Kemp. However, Kemp is leading Purdue in polling by double digits. BUT WAIT: The MAGA people are so dead set against Kemp that they say they if he wins the primary, they won’t vote in the general elections in the fall, which would mean the next governor of GA would be (drum roll)… Democrat Stacey Abrams.
  • Pete Davidson, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, and Kyle Mooney are leaving SNL after this season. Of those four names, Kate has by far been the backbone of the show, and I’m pretty sure it will suffer without her. Pete? Look, he’s a funny guy, but he’s now more of a celebrity like his girlfriend than an actual comedy guy. That’s fine. Hopefully he’s happy.
  • On April 4, Tesla stock was trading at $1,145/share. Yesterday, May 20, it had dropped to $663/share and might keep going down. Why? The company’s current CEO is a bad person, and very public about it. People don’t like that. We’ve had enough of it.
  • Monkeypox.
  • People are very mad at John Mulaney for having Dave Chappelle as a surprise opener for his show. I’m withholding comment; I get how trans folks and supporters are mad at Chappelle. I also get how Chappelle is one of the best comedians in American history. So. I’ll just be on my fence over here.
  • The only sports news going on at this very moment is the PGA Championship and what am I gonna do? Tell you about golf? Why would I do that?
  • In Second Life news, a bunch of people are enjoying the music and each other’s company at the Nashville SL Jam. I see a bunch of happy looking people in my Facebook feed. Here’s to them all having a good time.

Well, now I have to stop relaxing and start gathering those goddamn clothes. Side note: my dry cleaner is going to be able to pay his rent next month on the amount of shit I’m bringing them today. Fuck. Enjoy your Saturday regardless.

No comments: