Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Opening for BAP at COYOTE (10.26.08)

Well, to get the negative stuff out of the way, we couldn't get a crowd going at COYOTE for the life of us on Sunday afternoon. But ignoring the fact that we only had a few folks in attendance, we actually had a really fun time when I opened the show for the Born Again Pagans on Sunday, and then (of course) during the Pagans' set as well.

I decided to stay in non-standard tunings during my short half-hour set, and it was fun. It also led me (sorry for the weak-ass pun) to do a song I'd never played before: Zeppelin's classic, "Kashmir". Yup, all seven+ minutes of it. Hey, you gotta be adventurous sometimes, and the results aren't completely embarrassing (listen below if you want).

High point of the day? Probably when a fan got topless during the BAP set. Yeah, that's me smoking a fatty in my boxers. It was a hippie extravaganza!

Song Sample: "Kashmir" (Led Zeppelin)

My short set list...

Mr. Soul (Neil Young)
For This Moment (Zak Claxton)
Ohio (Neil Young)
*Kashmir (Led Zeppelin)
The Loner (Neil Young)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to the folks who were there!
Leyah Renegade, Doubledown Tandino, Kat Claxton, Shannyn Fall, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, and Madame Amoufhaz.

No comments: