Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pixel Hill Celebration (08.21.10)


A few days ago, my buddy Blindboy Gumbo sent me a message.

"oi Zakster..Lexie Luan is organising a Pixel Hill benefit thing this comin weekend..without Harrie knowing..so if ya can play an fancy it ya know who to talk to"


Blindboy is from the UK. I know, it's hard to tell. :)

Anyway, I immediately jumped at the chance to lend my friend Harrie Skjellerup a hand for this surprise benefit show. She is one of a very, very short list of people who have been phenomenally helpful to the live music scene in SL, via both her ownership of the Pixel Hill venues and her support of THE ORIGINALS network of SL musicians who play original music. As it turns out, I'm really glad to have taken this show for numerous reasons.

• First and foremost, helping Harrie out after all the help she's given me and the other musicians in SL.
• I hadn't done an SL show in over a month and it was high time I got back to rocking the grid.
• The crowd was fantastic, and the sim was packed to the max the entire time I was there.

Playing for the big crowd of serious live music lovers on the Waterstage at PIxel Hill.


Kat and I enjoying the performances of other artists like Pol Arida, Lexie Luan, and Bara Jonson.


Harrie has been having connection problems and couldn't be there for her own benefit show but for more than a few minutes at a time. Luckily, Kat snapped the show when she was able to get in for a moment.


As Pixel Hill is a place for original artists, I stuck to a short set of Zak tunes during my half hour show. I also did the SL premiere of my latest tune "Go Easy On Me". The set list...

You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the first time I have played this song in SL.

Thanks to everyone who came, and to everyone who helped support Harrie and Pixel Hill! Terrific show!

No comments: