Thursday, August 19, 2010

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. IV (08.18.10)



VIDEO LINK

For my fourth show on StreamJam (the live music app for Facebook), I... played music!

Seriously, I didn't have any particular theme for the show. Just a night of playing and singing, and having fun with my small but mighty crowd. Everything went well, and while I know this doesn't sound like a stellar review, it was an unremarkable ZK show. I played and sang generally well, people had a good time. No complaints. I did perform "Waxing Gibbous" for the first time on StreamJam, since a) it was the last original Zak Song that I had yet to do there, and b) the actual moon above me was in waxing gibbous phase, so it seemed appropriate.




ZC LIve on SJ IV Set List...

Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
*Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates my first performance of this song on StreamJam

Next week (Wed. Aug 25) is my last scheduled show on StreamJam. That doesn't mean I won't do more in the future; I'm nearly sure I will. But it is the end of the Beta test period that the StreamJam makers scheduled for us artists, and I'm not 100% clear on what their plans are after the Beta ends at the beginning of September. At some point, I'm sure I'll hear from Sibley Verbeck and Jason Mirvis of the Electric Sheep Company in this regard, who have been good at maintaining communication with the performers thus far.

Regardless of that, massive thanks to the folks who came out last night. I hope you had as much fun as me. If not, I'm doing something wrong. But I don't think I am. Good times.

No comments: