Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bloopers/Outtakes from "Falling Down"


VIDEO LINK

Almost a year ago to the day, on September 25, 2010, we filmed the video for "Falling Down". It was quite the adventure; my plan was to have the exterior scenes of the video set on a rocky shoreline during a gloomy Fall day, but mother nature did not cooperate at all. In fact, we got blasted by a crazy heat wave, and it was over 100 degrees when we went down to Abalone Cove in Rancho Palos Verdes to do our filming. We handled it fine for the most part, until it was time to go back to the car. In an attempt to take a short cut, we ended up hiking up dead-end trails and making ourselves generally miserable for awhile. Nevertheless, we survived, and then shot some green screen footage later that evening here at Claxton Studios. I also did some pick-up shots the following day.

So, for a full year, I've had all the raw footage from the shoot sitting here on my computer. Eventually I'm going to want to reclaim those dozens of gigabytes of space, but before I did, I put together a little sample of our silliness while creating the video. See the results above. Working with Kat and Bunny can make even the most miserable of tasks fun, and I spend the majority of my time laughing when both of them are around.

In case you somehow missed the finished product, feel free to give the full "Falling Down" video a look...

"Falling Down" (YouTube link)

Zak Claxton: Falling Down from Zak Claxton on Vimeo.

No comments: