Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Key West (09.07.11)

I think all performing artists like the idea of doing a show that's apart from the ordinary. Even with a big repertoire of songs, doing something like a themed show gives me a perfectly good opportunity to update my set list and bring in some new fans who are appreciative of the specific purpose of the show.

That's why tonight at Key West, I held my first "That '90s Show", which was a full hour of doing cover songs from the 1990s. It turned out really good, and as I'd hoped, we brought in some folks who might ordinarily not come to my show. Also, preparing for the show gave me the added benefit of adding six new covers to my songbook, which is always cool. A few of them went really well, and they'll probably be popping up pretty often at subsequent shows.


Key West is always a great venue, and I tend to get nice-sized, enthusiastic crowds there. Photo by Kat.

Key West Set List...
 
What I Got (Sublime) 
*Walk on the Ocean (Toad the Wet Sprocket) 
*Down (311) 
Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots) 
*About a Girl (Nirvana) 
Sex and Candy (Marcy Playground) 
*Learn to Fly (Foo Fighters) 
Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog) 
*1979 (Smashing Pumpkins) 
*Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers) 
Better Man (Pearl Jam) 

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL. New record of new songs tonight! Wheee!

Huge thanks to the folks at Key West, and everyone who helped support my show! 
Kristopher Walpole, Rusty Seisenbacher, Christina001, Aurelie Chenaux, Kat Claxton, GMetal Svartur, Michaelangelo Franciosa, Triana Caldera, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner Liz Harley!

No comments: