Monday, September 2, 2013

Amaretto Ranch Breedables' 3rd Anniversary Party (09.01.13)


As I sit here on this lazy Labor Day morning, I have four things on my mind.

1. I'm grateful to live in a universe where coffee exists.
2. My show at Amaretto Breedables' anniversary event yesterday went really well.
3. I'm still dealing with this recent bout of tendinosis (aka chronic tendinitis) in my right arm.
4. It's really nice to be lounging about in my robe at 10AM on a Monday.

Since item #1 is true every day, item #3 is just a bunch of sad whininess, and item #4 is blatantly obvious, I'll say a few things about item #2.

I got online yesterday morning just after my friend Sassy Nitely had wrapped up the morning show at Amaretto. I pinged her and asked how the show went. She reported that it went great, and that the sim was completely full. That was highly promising. However, as mentioned above, I've had this flare-up of a tendon issue that hits me from time to time, and I had a pretty valid concern about being able to play guitar at my usual high standard. But I really needn't have worried; while I was in a small amount of discomfort while I did my hour-long set, I found that my somewhat more subdued strumming actually improved the show, if anything.

Photo and top photo by Kat.

Photo by Kat.

Since Amaretto is well known in Second Life for its breedable virtual horses (if you don't understand that last statement, don't ask, please), I decided to have a horse-based theme to some of my set. Like Sassy had experienced earlier that day, my show at the Amaretto event was jam packed. The sim was supposedly capped at an attendance of 55, but somehow we managed to squeeze even more than that into the area. Also, it stayed packed the whole time; as soon as anyone would leave, another would be waiting to get in. Now, why can't all my shows be that way? Never mind, I know the answer. I also know that I enjoy the intimacy of smaller shows as well. But this was a great opportunity to showcase my music to many people who hadn't heard me before, so I made sure to include a good chunk of originals in the set.

Photo by Kat.

Playing to about 60 people un a Sunday afternoon does not suck in any way. Photo by Kat.

Amaretto 3rd Anniversary set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*A Horse With No Name (America)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (Beatles)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Golden Years (David Bowie)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to everyone who supported my show at the Amaretto Ranch anniversary event!
JJ Cerna, Draco Carpaccio, Amythyst Teardrop, ashie Beck, starrlina Lionheart, Karrie Woyseck, Avalon Crystal, Synefea, Josaphine Cooperstone, Mami Deerhunter, Jaymee Caproni, Kat Claxton, tonisgirl, TheaDee, Aurelie Chenaux, Cicadetta Stillwater, my great manager Maali Beck, and everyone else who enjoyed the show!

No comments: