Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Islands of New England (09.24.13)


As you may or may not have noticed, it had been a couple of weeks since my last live music show in Second Life. I've written before about my choices regarding the frequency of performances in SL. Ideally, you want to find that magical amount of shows in which you're getting enough exposure without burning out your audience. But life gets in the way of life, and while I haven't been performing as often as I'd like, I have been working quite often on writing and recording music for my band They Stole My Crayon. So, there's a balance in there somewhere.

In any case, last night's show at the Islands of New England went very well. Since the vernal equinox a few days back, I've been itching to get back into some autumnal music to go with the season, and last night's set achieved that pretty well. We also had a small but great audience, and everyone seemed to like what they heard and had fun, which is all I ever ask for in an SL show.

New England already has a nice Fall look... a great setting for autumnal songs. Photo by Kat; top photo by Triana.

Islands of New England set list...
Is She Really Going Out With HIm (Joe Jackson)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
Harvest Moon (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Shock the Monkey (Peter Gabriel)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Expecting to Fly (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Long Time Gone (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens)

*Indicates the first time I've ever performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to everyone who came out and helped support the show at IONE!
Triana Caldera, milady Guillaume, Kat Claxton, Alexis Fairlady, Sesh Kamachi, Aurelie Chenaux, TheaDee, Stratus Mactavish, ElleBelladolce, my fantastic manager Maali Beck, and IONE host (and my friend) Christine Haiku!

No comments: