Thursday, September 5, 2013

Key West (09.04.13)


Ahhhh. Performing at Key West in Second Life is like climbing a mountain, then taking a big breath of air so crisp and clean that it almost hurts. Or perhaps I'm just being overly poetic. But there is, at least for me, a sense that I can do no wrong there, and of all the venues where I perform regularly, I probably take the most chances at places where I know my risks will be welcomed. Key West, with its fantastic owner Liz Harley and good management staff, is a great place to push yourself as an artist.

At last night's show, that manifested itself with my choice of some very deep cuts from my big bag o' songs. Some of the tunes I pulled out were so dusty, even my most ardent Zakster fans had trouble remembering the last time I played them.

Key West set list...
Pigs on the Wing -- Parts I and II (Pink Floyd)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You Don't Know How It Feels (Tom Petty)
I Like You (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
Allentown (Billy Joel)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
The Wind Cries Mary (Jimi Hendrix)
Frigid Spring (Chairlift)
Alabama (Neil Young)

Photo and top photo by Triana.

Photo by Triana.

Thanks to all who came out to my show at Key West, especially the following who helped support it!
Cyberspy, WashedUp Sideways, Triana Caldera, Sam55 Chester, Syd Baddingham, TheaDee, Alexis Fairlady, Aurelie Chenaux, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner Liz Harley!

No comments: