Saturday, September 26, 2009

Arubia Introduces (09.25.09)





Friday nights are a good time for shows in SL, or anywhere for that matter. Granted, you're competing against a bunch of other people performing at the same time, natch. However, it's made up for with the fun attitude of "Thank God the weekend is here!" from your crowd. We were fortunate to get a really fun batch of people at Aurelie Chenaux's Arubia Introduces live music venue, and everyone seemed very much ready for some rock and roll.

Now, usually I like to do my show, and then hang out for a little while afterwards, chatting with people and thanking them for coming, and so on. But we had a bit of a special circumstance tonight in that we were aware that one of my songs was going to be played on terrestrial radio for the very first time, and the radio program started at 8:00PM on the nose. That's why, having announced this fact beforehand, Kat and I had to sprint away seconds after playing the last chord of the final song. But let it be know, I had a terrific show at Arubia, and will definitely be pestering Aurelie to perform there again.

By the way; as if you couldn't tell from the set list below, I'm really focusing on my original tunes these days. And people seem to like them a lot, which makes me a happy little musician dude.

The Set List...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Peace Song (This Guitar Is My Weapon) (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Man of Constant Sorrow (Traditional)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Big Bad Bill (Van Halen)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Gigantic thanks to my friends/fans (frans?) who supported my show and made it tons of fun...
kif Mizin, Cher Harrington, Horizon Darkstone, Diana Renoir, Xerxes Ninetails, Kat Claxton, MrNoCal Honey, Siobban Smythe, Aeriona Bartavelle, and my great friend Aurelie Chenaux!

1 comment:

thrasher said...

Cool!

Good luck on the album Zak!

Keep on rockin'

Thrasher