Monday, September 21, 2009

Jester Inn -- Peace Day (09.21.09)






As I mentioned a few days ago , Harrie Skjellerup asked if I could perform at her special day-long event at the Jester Inn for the United Nations International Day of Peace. Well, first, I love playing at the Jester Inn on any day. Second, I'm always supportive of peace. Seems like a good day to rock Pixel Hill!

Harrie put together a pretty outstanding group of musicians for the show, beyond my usual silliness. It started at 10am with Strum Diesel, and then Zorch did his thing. My pal Blindboy Gumbo was up next at noon, followed by Obeloinkment at 1:00. And then I did my slot (following me was the final performer, Didier Soyuz, who was incredible as usual). First, since I know the Jester Inn people appreciate original music (duh), I kept a bunch of my own tunes in the set. In terms of the covers I chose today, you have to know that I've played three shows in four days, which is much more than my typical one show per week (or less) that I've done lately. I wanted to play some rare stuff for my regular fans so I didn't bore them to death. Combined with the peace theme of the day, it made for an interesting group of tunes. I also used the opportunity to get inspired by the event, and wrote/performed a new tune just for this show.

Song Sample: "Peace Song (This Guitar Is My Weapon)" (Zak Claxton)

My peaceful set list...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Court & Spark (joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Driven to Tears (The Police)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Down by the River (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
*Peace Song (This Guitar Is My Weapon) (Zak Claxton)

*Indictates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to everyone who helped support my show at Jester Inn today!
Kat Claxton, EvaMoon Ember, Gretchen Capalini, Andre Pawlowski, Blindboy Gumbo, Jeaninne Mathilde, Horizon Darkstone, Diana Renoir, Persia Bravin, Aurelie Chenaux, Obeloinkment Wrigglesworth, and the most excellent hostess of today's event, Harrie Skjellerup!

No comments: