Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fibber Magees (09.09.09)




Why was today's show at Fibber Magees one of my best ever in 2-1/2 years of doing shows in SL? I can tell you right away, it wasn't because of anything special about my own performance. I know I played well, but I generally do, all modesty aside. No, today's show was great because we had a large and boisterous crowd of really fun people and good friends. It really comes down to that. The audiences never realize how important they are to inspiring a musician who's playing live in front of them.

Anyway, we had some 30 people at the club, and a number more who were listening in on the stream, so I enjoyed the opportunity to showcase my original songs. Today being not only 9/9/09 but also the day that the Beatles have released their remastered albums, I made sure to include a few Beatles covers in the set list. The show was so fun today, in fact, that I've decided to give you the entire hour-long performance to listen to here if you want.

•••Entire Show Recording: Zak Claxton Live at Fibber Magees, September 9, 2009 (60 minutes)•••

Today's set list at Fibber Magees:
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
She's Leaving Home (Beatles)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni MItchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
A Day in the Life (Beatles)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Huge thanks to my terrific audience today, especially those who helped support my show:
Carson Coberts, Diana Renoir, Experiment Rhode, Triana Caldera, kalisto Strathearn, Isobela Capalini, Mimi Carpenter, Galley Bellic, Mariposa Upshaw, Olive Adored, Cosmic Beres, Jane1 Bookmite, Soundcircel Flanagan, latulipe Boorman, Aurelie Chenaux, our hostess Padula Bing, and the always-amazing Cher Harrington!

No comments: