Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fibber Magee's -- Dublin (07.24.08)

So this one time, on my way to the virtual venue...I got lost!

First time for everything I guess. When I got my information pack to play at Fibber Magee's, I was inadvertently given the wrong LM, but it happened to be to another club in Dublin, the Blarney Stone! So, I walked into the wrong place, and rezzed my shit on the stage. I'm like, "Hi everyone!" and no one's talking to me because they're probably going, "Who's this cheeky fuck, dropping shit off in our club and putting on a guitar?"

I'm still laughing my ass off about it now but at the time, I was saying, "Oh shit! I think I'm in the wrong place!" and to make matters worse, I'd already sent out notices with the wrong address attached. DOH! But then found the right club, went there, and sent another volley of "OOOPS" notices with the right one, and then went on with the show. Ah man. SL imitates life in every way. Too funny.

So, despite those shenanigans, I did actually get started right on time, and I think the show was fantastic. We had a decent-sized, very enthusiastic crowd, and everyone seemed to be having a good time, and I know I had a blast playing for my first show in ten days!

Song Sample #1: "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" (Steely Dan)

Song Sample #2: "Tribute" (Tenacious D)


Here's the set list:

Wonderwall (Oasis)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Old Man (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Six Underground (Sneaker Pimps)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Emmie Fairymeadow, Freyja Merryman, Allister Philbin, Lilli Landar, Niky Zenovka, Soundcircel Flanagan, Ray Weyland, Rawnie Lane, Otawan Fouquet, Danton Thirroul, and most of all, Cher Harrington!

No comments: