Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stoned at Stonehenge (07.26.08)

Let's get the complaining out of the way first: I think I need to change off this 3:00PM slot on every third Saturday at Stonehenge . It's not that I don't love the venue; I do, very much so, and Lyn Carlberg and Tessira Soderstrom are about as cool and nice people as any I know in SL. But I can't, for the life of me, get a great crowd there at the start of my show, and I don't seem to run into that problem at any other place in any other time slot. I may ask to switch over to the 4:00 slot so I can at least have the benefit of someone else playing before me.

But regardless of the light crowd for the first 4-5 songs, I had a great time and I felt like both the voice and guitar were working with me all day. I like when that happens! I'd have to say the highlight of the show was the "Suite", where I stretched out and played a little guitar strummin' between lines.

Song Sample: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" (Crosby, Stills & Nash)

The Set List:

Carey (Joni Mitchell)
Southern Man (Neil Young)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Stonehenge (Spinal Tap)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

Thanks to the following people who supported my show!
Rhiannon Stradling, Nikki Mathieson, Kat Claxton, Raden Heliosense, Sally Silvera, and especially Lyn Carlberg and Tessira Soderstrom!

No comments: