Saturday, July 5, 2008

Performing for the Druids at Stonehenge (07.05.08)

Every third Saturday, I get back to where the banshees live (and they do live well): Stonehenge Arena. Operated by musician Lyn Carlberg and his lovely lady Tessira Soderstrom, Stonehenge is a rather authentic reproduction of the famous UK landmark, and I have two things I tend to do there. First, I stick to my softer set, since it works well for their crowd and usually meshes well with the other musicians who play there (notably, Lyn himself). Second, my giant exception to that rule is playing the Spinal Tap epic tune "Stonehenge" each time I'm there.

Today was no exception. I think it was a good show... had one minor stream issue, but caught it immediately and was back in one minute... and I didn't miss any tunes I'd wanted to play. And during Stonehenge, the stars aligned and Kat was able to snap a pic of my dwarves, dancing around the 18" monument.


And what would they say to us if we were here tonight?


Zak strums away on the altar stone. Piccie, as she'd say, courtesy of Sally Silvera.

The set list:

California (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Old Man (Neil Young)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Stonehenge (Spinal Tap)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
A Case of You (Joni Mitchell)

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Bara Jonson, Kat Claxton, Debi Latte, Lalania Loudon, Loo Zeta, Vidz Ah, Sally Silvera, and of course Lyn Carlberg and Tessira Soderstrom!

No comments: