Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rocking the Rezday: Triana's Music Trivia (07.06.08)

Heh heh. See, I knew that Triana's rezday party was coming sometime soon; I just didn't realize it was today until after I'd already told Kat that I'd play her grand opening party today. I generally don't like to play more than one show in a day. I'm always concerned that I'll either blow out my voice, or burn out and not sustain high energy for the seond show.

My worries, at least tonight, were for naught. Triana's party, help during the usual 7:00 Sunday night time slot as her Triana's Music Trivia event, was a really fun gig, and I think I played really well. Had a little surprise at the very end -- for the first time, a string broke on my Martin! And it was LOUD, man, right next to the mic. SPROING!!!!! But as I said, I was only going to do one more tune, and the show was done anyway, so if it had to happen, it couldn't have happened at a better time.


w00t! Everyone having fun at TMT, live edition.


Good times, good friends. I have fun every Sunday night at Triana's... playing there just made it all the more excellent.

Anyway, I was very happy to play for Trivia's big day today, and hope we can do another live event at TMT again soon. Oh, and I got to do a couple cool tracks: "Raised on Robbery" (a new one for me) and "Triana", a little tune I wrote about the guest of honor.

Song Sample: "Triana" (Zak Claxton)

The set list:
Pigs on the Wing Part 1 (Pink Floyd)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Save It For Later (English Beat)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
*Raised on Robbery (Joni Mitchell)
Mother (Pink Floyd)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
A Day in the Life (Beatles)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
My Heart (Neil Young)

*Indicates first time I've played this song in SL

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Kristy McMahon, Mick Majestic, Alchemy Epstein, Rey Tardis, Nakira Tennen, MrNoCal Honey, Kat Claxton, Julianna Osterham, Ursula Cinquetti, Cher Harrington, Jordan Hazlitt, and most of all, my friend Triana Caldera! Happy Rezday, Tri!

No comments: