Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fibber Magees (04.14.10)




I came within millimeters of canceling today's show.

See, I awoke with a sore throat, and it's still sore. However, I got to a point about an hour before my show at Fibber Magees in SL Dublin where I was pretty sure it would hurt too much to sing, and that any sounds I could get out of my throat would resemble a rusty door hinge. Even after a Listerine gargle, a salt water gargle, a lozenge, and two ibuprofen, I still wasn't too confident about singing for a solid hour. However, miraculously, once I got there and we started pulling in a really good-sized crowd, I magically felt good enough to pull it off.

Fibber Magees is quite often a really good gig, and today was no exception. They have a phenomenal hosting staff and are very organized, yet everyone is kick-back and fun to be around. For a variety of reasons, I am really, really glad I didn't wuss out and cancel. I still have three days until my next show, the Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show on Saturday, so I should be fine by then.

Also, let it be said that Dublin owner Ham Rambler is really one of the finest supporters of live music in SL. I don't think that can be said often enough.

Today's set list...
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Better Man (Pearl Jam)
Day After Day (Badfinger)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Pigs on the Wing Part 1 (Pink Floyd)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)

Big thanks to everyone who supported today's show at Fibber Magees... you are great!
Diana Renoir, Nuage Giha, Bellabee Melody, Otawan Fouquet, Kat Claxton, Jukebox Diesel, Geezerly Toxx, Kara Vinciolo, and the terrific staff... Phooka Heron, Riko Kamachi, Cher Harrington, and Ham Rambler!

No comments: