Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Pond (04.07.10)


Photos courtesy of Triana Caldera

Remember English literature class? Charles Dickens? Perhaps the most famous opening line from any novel? "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

My show today at The Pond wasn't quite that dramatic. In fact, it was a whole lot more good than bad, and even the bad wasn't all that bad. But the technology shark leapt from the depths of the murky sea and bit us all in the ass a couple of times during today's show. We ran smack into some stream problems. I say "we" because in a situation like today's show, where the original stream on my end is being rerouted to another stream for Internet radio broadcast, there are plenty of places where stuff can go wrong, and twice during my show, it did. Go wrong, that is; we had some choppiness and a cutout, which is never what you want. At least it wasn't only me; Capos Calderwood, who followed me, had the same issue right off the bat on his first song. I was lucky to make it through most of the show without a hitch, other than those two periods of suckness. Ah technology. You're my best friend except for those few times you make me want to beat you with a bat.

So despite all that, today's show was pretty much fun as hell, and just what I needed. It's like what some people get from working out, or meditating, or a round of golf. Performing live is a release for me and almost invariably feel better after I finish a show. We had a good, enthusiastic crowd at the Pond today (including lots of Zaksters), as well as quite a few more folks enjoying the show on the live radio simulcast at FCMC Radio. Per the nature of the event, all the songs were original Zak Claxton tunes.

The Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)

Out of all those, we only had some intermittent stream problems on "Thanks Anyway", "Always Tomorrow", and "Waiting for This", from what I could tell. Not what I wanted, but not the end of the world either.

Big thanks to everyone who supported my show at the Pond!
Triana Caldera, que Zanzibar, Kathy Nikolaidis, Suka Nishi, Bowie Zeplin, Aurelie Chenaux, Kat Claxton, candie Aristocrat, BurningEmber Hotshot, Diana Renoir, MC2U Miles, and FCMC's own Reslez Steeplechase!

2 comments:

~Diana said...

TY for playing "Shine" I love it so much I named my newest bunny after it =)

Unknown said...

You rocked, as usual, even with the nasty technical issues. Thanks for a great show Zak!