Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Coyote (06.26.12)



Second Life is just like real life, but with more pixels and slower frame rates. In that regard, the same kinds of mistakes happen in SL that can happen anywhere, and most mistakes begin with errors in communication. That's why despite the fact that I was booked to perform again at the Whisky a Go Go in SL, I ended up instead doing a show for a small group of friends at my and Kat's home venue, Coyote.

Hey, these things happen. It's pretty simple; the venue owner was occupied elsewhere, and the person he'd tasked with running the show didn't get the word that I was supposed to be performing there. Since he's apparently not psychic, no one was there when I and my fans (and others; it was listed correctly in the SL live music events) all showed up at about 6PM.

So, we hung out for another 15 minutes or so hoping someone would show up. When no one did, someone suggested that instead of canceling the entire show, we could go somewhere else and do it. Of course, Kat and I have our woefully underused Club at Coyote, so we quickly passed around some landmarks and headed to our home sim. Once there, I hopped up onstage and did some songs for our friends who accompanied us.

Me, on my home turf. Photo by Kat.


Bacon nipple pasties and a bong. Yup, these are my friends. Photo by Kat.


Coyote Set List...
Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who)
Sister Golden Hair (America)
*When the Music's Over (The Doors)
Woodstock (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
Who Do You Love (Bo Diddley)
Carey (Joni Mitchell)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
*Indicates the first time I have performed this song in SL.

Apologies to anyone who tried to see the show last night and couldn't, and massive thanks to the folks who followed us home to hang out and rock!

1 comment:

R. said...

Glad you did!

-ls/cm